Software Project Manager, Part time
About 412 Food Rescue
412 Food Rescue is a social enterprise with a technology and logistics model that aims to fight hunger and promote sustainability by preventing perfectly good food from entering the waste stream and directly distributing to organizations that benefit those who are hungry.
Founded in 2015, 412 Food Rescue is one of the fastest-growing food recovery organizations in the U.S. Creating the infrastructure for national retailers, 412 Food Rescue has prevented over 25 million pounds of food from going to waste via technology that mobilizes over 4,000 drivers--food rescue heroes--the largest volunteer food transport network in a single urban region. It is a scalable and replicable food recovery model that eliminates friction from retail and nonprofit operations, facilitating adoption and creating measurable impact on hunger.
412 Food Rescue's distribution model bridges the last mile and significantly impacts access and food security. Its innovative approach has been featured in national media including NPR, Fast Company, Food & Wine, Saveur, Martha Stewart Living, Organic Life, Bust Magazine, Success Magazine and Civil Eats.
Want to work for good? Join us!
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented individual to join our team part-time (20 hours/week) as a software project manager. The responsibilities include overseeing software projects from start to finish, managing and motivating software developers and other team members, and writing project proposals. To be successful as a software project manager, you should have a good working knowledge of project estimation techniques and the ability to motivate team members.
- Working with the engineering team and leadership to plan out the blueprints for software projects, including defining the scope, allocating resources, setting deadlines, laying out communication strategies, and indicating tests and maintenance.
- Participating in and supervising each stage of the project.
- Ensuring each project stays on schedule and adheres to the deadlines.
- Creating a project budget and ensuring the project adheres to the budget as closely as possible.
- Determining and overseeing consistent testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting of all products in all stages of completion.
- Tracking milestones, deliverables, and change requests.
- Serving as a liaison to communicate information regarding changes, milestones reached, and other pertinent information.
- Delivering completed software products to clients and performing regular checks on the products' performance.
- Proven experience in project management and software development.
- Good working knowledge of project estimation techniques.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies or other software development life cycle processes.
- Good technical knowledge.
- Good leadership, decision-making, and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
The hourly rate for this role is $25-30/hr, depending on experience. The role will primarily be remote however candidates should be able to meet in the Pittsburgh office as needed. Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FLSA Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
412 Food Rescue provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.