Special Programs Coordinator
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Part Time
- Entry Level
412 Food Rescue’s mission is to prevent perfectly good food from entering the waste stream. The Special Programs Coordinator will be responsible for the daily logistical coordination for 412 Food Rescue’s UglyCSA program.
This is a part-time, seasonal position. 20 hours/week for fourteen weeks from July 6th through October 12th. There is potential for this position to become year-round.
UglyCSA creates new markets for farmers via a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program for previously unsellable fruits and vegetables. UglyCSA is in its seventh season and will have up to 450 subscribers.
- Ensure all relevant supplies are prepared for weekly, off-site share-packing every Wednesday
- Manage approximately 10 community and corporate volunteers during weekly share-packing activities, as well as volunteer delivery drivers as applicable
- Provide front-end customer service through email and phone communication to:
- Subscribers - consumer
- Isidore Foods - supplier and delivery
- Pick-up Site Businesses - distributor
- Community Volunteers and Corporate Sponsors - supporter
- Create engaging and relevant weekly subscriber newsletter
- Collect data on weekly shares through photos and updating tracking spreadsheets
- Create curated social media campaigns and follow-up tracking, storytelling
- Track and continue to update subscriber information as needed, as well as survey subscribers throughout the UglyCSA season
- Regularly communicate with Isidore Foods staff and contribute positively to a growing partnership
- Communicate information, as needed, with UglyCSA pickup site businesses
The Special Programs Coordinator will support other 412 Food Rescue programs as needed such as the Good Food Project, Grocery Bagging Program, and Home Delivery.
- A passion for 412 Food Rescue’s mission of keeping food out of the waste stream and directly tackling food insecurity through innovative programs.
- A strong, holistic understanding of regional food systems.
- At least 1 years experience with farming and/or gardening, preferred.
- Highly organized with excellent time and space management skills.
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity and fast-moving environment.
- Ability to be proactive, agile and flexible.
- Experience with volunteer coordination and outreach, preferred.
- Commitment to the safety of volunteers and providing a safe work environment.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with multiple partners and subscribers, and maintains positive relationships with all 412 Food Rescue staff.
- Flexibility, creativity and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including presentation and public speaking skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and social media platforms.
- Familiarity and experience with Mailchimp or similar email marketing service.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and content creation
- Open to learning how to schedule, manage and post content
- High School or GED Required, College Degree Preferred.
- Valid PA Drivers License.
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
- Must be comfortable standing up and moving around in a fast paced environment for the majority of the work day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Rachel Annevelink, Partner Experience Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered for this position. References may be requested.