Business Development Lead
TITLE: Business Development Lead
Hours: Full Time - 40 hours per week
Reports to: Managing Director
Overview - 412 Food Rescue (“412”) was founded as a direct response to the disconnect between food waste, hunger and environmental sustainability. Through its technology platform and partnerships with food retailers, nonprofit organizations, and local volunteers, 412 transports millions of pounds of healthy food directly to those experiencing food insecurity.
With its successful 2015 launch in Pittsburgh, 412 is expanding its model and technology platform both nationally and globally. To realize this goal, we are experimenting with revenue generating opportunities to secure the organization’s financial longevity in Pittsburgh and beyond.
Position Description and Responsibilities: The Business Development Lead is a high-impact position that directly contributes to 412 Food Rescue’s sustainability and growth. The individual in this role will take the lead in implementing the organization’s new revenue plan and utilize a multi-channel approach to deliver and close qualified opportunities. We are looking for a sales professional that is highly self-motivated and builds strong relationships with new and existing food donor accounts.
The strategic goals of this position are to:
- Increase 412 Food Rescue’s food donors
- Increase donation volume from 412 Food Rescue’s current donors
- Execute an earned revenue program via service sales
Sales and Marketing Lead: Create the product portfolio based on market needs assessment, design a sales and marketing plan and execution strategy targeted toward food donors under guidance from the Managing Director.
- Analyze the market, ancillary and competitive services.
- Segment the market and identify products/value propositions and pricing for each segment.
- Identify measurable goals and metrics.
- Design execution plan to achieve goals.
- Plan should include lead generation, inbound and outbound initiatives.
- Pipeline creation - Identify and prioritize highest probability/most ideal prospects for 412 Food Rescue’s products and services.
- Execution of successful prospecting techniques to identify key decision makers, successfully set meetings, and get them excited to learn more about 412 Food Rescue.
- Responsible for building relationships with store owners, department directors, and individual store department managers and communications with the food donor accounts.
- With the support of Managing Director and Donor Relations Manager
- Must be able to create annual and monthly forecasts based on clear assumptions and building blocks.
- Create monthly sales reports to track sales vs. assigned company and individual objectives.
- Being a key contributor to 412 Food Rescue’s continued food donor and revenue growth by taking the lead in setting and meeting organizational goals and tonnage goals.
Strategic Planning: Supporting the Managing Director with forecasting, budgeting, planning, and becoming familiar with our principal operating systems, and overall strategic thinking for how 412 Food Rescue can strengthen their position in the market.
Preferred Skills & Attributes: Immediately after starting in this position, taking necessary steps to develop a deep understanding of 412 Food Rescue’s products and services; then have the ability to identify the business needs of the prospect and apply 412 Food Rescue’s solutions to those business needs.
- The candidate for this role should be ambitious, self-motivated and require minimal supervision in executing tasks. Must “ABC!”
- The individual should possess strong business acumen, and be proficient in Google Suite, and MS Excel skills.
- Must know how to leverage Salesforce or similar CRM software tools to maintain, prioritize, and report on the prospect pipeline.
- Be a great team player that can effectively collaborate with the Food Recovery, Advancement and Marketing teams to execute impactful multi-channel marketing campaigns (email, lead nurturing, direct mail, events and phone).
- Possess excellent time management skills and being efficient while working in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- A sincere and deep commitment to the 412 Food Rescue mission. Passionate about eliminating food waste and contributing to a food secure community.
- Strong networker who has the natural ability to connect people with causes and engage them to take action.
- Strong critical thinking skills, with the ability to analyze data, recognize trends, and drive strategic recommendations.
- Practice radical gratitude and possess excellent customer service skills.
All essential duties are to be accomplished based on the ADA guidelines. ADA (American with Disabilities Act) states that the duties are to be successfully completed with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as required.
- The ideal candidate should have a four-year degree in a business, sales, or marketing and communications related field of study.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years sales or tele-prospecting experience within the grocery or retail sectors highly preferred.
- 5 or more years of progressive responsibility with account development & management.
- Demonstrate experience developing relationships in the nonprofit or philanthropic sector.
- Must be able to travel throughout the Southwestern Pennsylvania region; valid driver’s license, transportation, and proof of insurance required.
The position will require working in both an office atmosphere (412FR team members work remote during COVID, but are welcome to use the 412FR office anytime), as well as in the field visiting different customer’s offices and stores. In regular times, figure 1-2 days per week calling on accounts, the rest of the time will be spent visiting stores and strategic planning.
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Please submit a resume and cover letter as well as any questions about this position to email@example.com.
We appreciate all application interests, however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to all inquiries.